We sponsor “AFPWAA STUDENT WORKSHOP”.
We are looking forward to the participation of junior and senior high school students.
The 5th theme is “Responsible Consumption and Production”, which is the 12th goal of the SDGs.
This is a project collaborated by AFPWAA and SDGs Point Labo@Japan. To promote understanding of SDGs (17 goals with 169 targets that all 191 UN Member States have agreed to try to achieve by the year 2030), we provide middle and high school students with learning opportunities to utilize the vast database of AFP.
How to participate: Participants are given the right to freely access the AFP (Agence France-Presse) content database (English version) within a certain period of time. (It is necessary to apply using the e-mail address issued by the educational institution. If you do not have an e-mail address issued by the educational institution, SDGs Point Labo@Japan will issue an e-mail address. Apply using this form.)
- Junior high and high school students who apply after seeing this news, please indicate participation on the application page.
- If you have an academic (educational institution) e-mail address after applying in 1, please access the AFPWAA content database ID registration page 4 and register your ID as it is.
- If you do not have an academic (educational institution) e-mail address, be sure to check the request for transfer to the roundtable.jp domain e-mail address in step 1, and after receiving the transfer setting notice, go to step 4 and proceed to ID Please register Please note that you cannot register in the database of 4 with your personal email address.
- Access AFPWAA content database (English version).
- Choose your favorite news photo.
- Give the selected photo a Japanese title, describe the reason for the selection in 200 to 400 characters, and submit it from the project application site.
Benefits of learning:
- Opportunities for information analysis of content databases can be obtained (internalization and externalization of information)
- Opportunities to read English content
- Opportunity for writing thoughts
- Opportunity to send to the world is obtained (all entries are published on the Instagram page)
- Outstanding works will be published on the official AFPWAA website (the name of your institution will also be posted)
Organizer: AFP World Academic Archive
Cooperation: Global Compact Network Japan
About AFP: Founded in 1835, it is the world’s longest-lived news agency and, along with Reuters and Associated Press, is one of the world’s three largest news agencies.
AFPWAA (AFP World Academic Archive): AFP is a digital archive that stores over 300,000 news videos and about 46 million photos.
SDGs Point Labo@japan is a research institute that offers the SDGs active local point system “L-TanQ” provided by Round Table Com, Inc. to support activities that connect companies, society, and educational sites.
Sign up here